Family Camp 2023
Discover the Adventures of the Northwoods
- Session 1: Sunday, July 2- Saturday, July 8 (6 nights)
- Session 2: Sunday, August 13-Friday, August 18 (5 nights)
- 70th Anniversary Weekend Celebration: Friday, August 18-Sunday, August 20 (2 nights)
Family Camp is a time for families to discover the adventures of the Northwoods, through the spirit and programs of Camp Jorn (CJ). This is a time of fun and family growth, with the CJ environment offering a myriad of activities.
Family Campers have the opportunity to enjoy all the activities that our youth campers enjoy. You can swim, canoe, sail, kayak, go skiing, test your skills at the archery and air riflery ranges, and get crafty in arts and crafts. The range of activities is sure to keep you busy. Or you can curl up with a good book on the bluff. It’s your vacation! We will have a schedule of activities, classes and local events you can participate in.
Accommodations are available for weekly rental. Partial rental is only available when providing your own tent/camper. Pricing includes accommodations, food and most program areas. See the registration form for pricing details.
Here at Camp Jorn we believe that all families should have the opportunity to attend Family Camp. We know camp families have differing abilities to pay, so we offer a voluntary, three-tiered pricing program to better meet all financial need. You self-select the rate you can afford.
|Tier||Select the rate your can afford||Rate|
|Rate A||Most accurately reflects the true cost of Family Camp||Full Rate|
|Rate B||Partially subsidized to make camp more affordable||10% off|
|Rate C||Reflect the subsidies by events, donations, and endowments||20% off|
How to Register:
- Fill out a Family Camp Packet
- Families attending successive family camp sessions, have first right to reserve their same accommodation unit.
- If a family vacates their cabin by not returning, then that unit is open first to those families who are returning from prior year and wish to upgrade or change accommodation unit. If we do not know of your desire to change, we will fill all open cabins with new families on a first come basis.
- After the January 1st deadline for prior family campers to register and reserve their unit and after existing family campers have been placed in requested cabin, then remaining units will be filled on a first come basis.
- Family campers attending session 2 will be given until January 1st to reserve their same accommodation for the anniversary weekend celebration.
- Families staying for the entire session will be given preference over those registering for a limited stay. If you would like to make a change, we will put your request on a wait list and will call you after May 1st with available cabin options. When possible we will make every attempt to accommodate changes.
We hope that we can adequately accommodate all families who wish to attend a Camp Jorn YMCA family camp session. We appreciate your help with this process!
- Families that would like to lodge together should turn in one registration form. This might mean multiple generations or 2 or 3 or more families that would like to be in the same cabin(s) or spaces.
- Each side of the duplexes will be considered a single cabin. If two families would like to be close to each other, but not together, make sure you request cabins/yurts/tents in the same order. If you do not end up together, and we have spaces close together, we will give you the option to move to a less requested type of housing. We will ask you to note whether being together is more important or lodging is more important!
Contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 715-543-8808.