Arrival/Departure by Car
If arriving by car:
- Campers may arrive between 1:30 - 2:30 pm on the opening day of the session. Please do not arrive before 1:30 pm- staff are still preparing for your arrival
Please have your camper eat lunch before arriving– as dinner is not until 5:30pm.
If picking up your camper at camp:
- Campers may be picked up between 9:30 am and 10:30am
- You will check out with our camp staff at the dining hall
- Please be prepared to show a photo ID and to sign out your camper
Arrival/Departure by Bus
Fee: $180 round trip or $90 one way
Camper transportation is available to and from Camp Jorn by chartered coach bus. Bus service is available from 4 locations between Illinois and Wisconsin. Each bus is equipped with air conditioning and a restroom. Camp Jorn staff members accompany the coaches. Please use the transportation form during the registration process to select the best location for you and your family.
To add transportation to your camper's session, please select whether you will need busing one way or round trip during your application process. To select the appropriate bus stop to best serve you and your family, please fill out our online "Transportation Form" which can be found in your Camp In Touch account.
Bus Departure/Arrival Sites and Schedule Please enroll your camper for the bus at least one month prior to the start of their camp session.
This schedule assumes that we will have two buses to work with – when only one bus is required, there will be greater waiting times. We depend on you to arrive at posted check in/out times for best results. Every effort has been made to estimate bus travel times. However, sometimes travel circumstances are beyond our control.
If arriving by bus:
- Pack a lunch and a full water bottle for your camper’s trip up to camp. Please note that camp is a peanut/tree nut aware facility where we restrict tree nuts/peanuts and that includes the
- Turn in any medications to the staff member or volunteer at your bus
If camper is departing camp by bus: Camp Jorn YMCA provides lunch for all campers returning home by bus.
Bus Departure/Arrival Sites
Gurnee, IL: Warren Township Highschool 500 North O'Plaine Rd., Gurnee, IL 60031
Kenosha, WI: Kenosha YMCA 7101 53rd St., Kenosha, WI 53144
DeForest, WI: DeForest Park & Ride 5012 Elephant Trail, DeForest, WI 53532
Stevens Point, WI: 2400 Main St., Stevens Point, WI 54481
|To Camp||Gurnee, IL||Kenosha, WI||DeForest, WI||Stevens Point, WI|
|Check-in||7:30 AM||8:30 AM||10:30 AM||12:15 PM|
|Bus Departs||8:00 AM||8:45 AM||10:45 AM||12:30 PM|
|From Camp||Stevens Point, WI||DeForest, WI||Kenosha, WI||Gurnee, IL|
|Check-Out||9:30 AM||9:30 AM||9:30 AM||9:30 AM|
|Bus Arrives||11:30 AM||1:15 PM||3:15 PM||4:00 PM|